This was requested a few times so I figured I'd try, even if I suck at these things. And I'm too ill to do anything remotively productive stupid flu
Anyway, if the pictures are too confusing I'll try to explain it in deeper detail.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1. Draw the eye on your first layer, this will be the lineart, doesn't necessary have to have a pupil like mine, and the colours are definitely not required, though you're free to copy my simple palette. Skin colours go beneath your first layer, on the upper and lower Eyelid.
2. Colour the eye white, a blue/purple colour would fit for the shading, it really depends on the atmosphere though. A yellow colour may fit for a brighter setting, while a dark blue would make it seem closer to night time. I don't recommend grey for shading of any body part. I picked green for the iris, but pick any base colour you want.
3. Use a darker colour and paint the rest of the eye leaving a crescent moon shape. It really doesn't have to be identical to one (just look at mine)
4. Blur the edges in the direction of the arrows in the picture with the blur tool. Make sure to leave out the pupil/circle however! This creates a small light effect in the middle. Draw a darker line inside it, blur it if needed, it's not easy to notice, but it's a small touch up.
5. Make a new layer with a simple circle anywhere on the lower part of the eye, I used a pastel red, but purple or blue looks well too.
6. Set the layer to Luminosity and the layer's opacity to 28%. Drag it above the lineart layer.
7. Do the same with a smaller circle on a new layer, and make sure it blends with your last circle. Draw the light's reflection in the eye using white in an egg shape. Simple circles seem odd to me. Repeat, but smaller in size. And idk, you're done. haha, I'm not cut out for this
i'll self deprecate my eye drawings so much you'll have to kiss them better and then maybe ill manage to make them awesome (even if they usually are awesome when i draw the first eye but not the second xD) uwu